As promised, here's the recipe for our famous St. Petersburg Gold Spiked Ice Tea as served at our Grand Opening Party. Serves 8 to 10.
- 7 cups water
- 6 tbsp Kusmi St. Petersburg loose tea (available at Homewerx)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Santa Cruz Organic lemon juice
- 1 cup Bacardi Gold original premium crafted rum
- Fresh mint sprigs and lemon slices, for garnish
- Bring 7 cups of the water to a boil in a medium saucepan or kettle. Pour 4 cups boiling water in a large saucepan, add the tea and allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar to another saucepan and stir in remaining 3 cups of boiling water until dissolved. Using a strainer, pour steeped tea into sugar mixture. Transfer to drink dispense of choice, and add the lemon juice and rum. Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Serve over ice, in tall glasses garnished with mint sprigs.